Healthcare and Sports
(Institute of Sports Medicine and Science CONI)
An in-depth medical examination from experts of sports medicine that deal with professional athletes on a daily basis can make the difference and help to prevent diseases otherwise difficult to detect without periodical inspections. With the aim of raising awareness about the safeguard of health in sports, the Istituto di Medicina e Scienza dello Sport CONI can offer, under special circumstances, the possibility of carrying out medical check-ups for athletes and sportsmen at non-competitive level.
The Istituto di Medicina e Scienza dello Sport CONI boasts a 50-years long experience serving health and sports, since it is the only outpatient clinic owned by CONI in Italy. Indeed, the Institute can account for about 260.000 medical visits per year for certifying fitness for agonistic activity for Olympians and national athletes; moreover, the institute can count on the best specialists and professionals and on the most advanced equipment, as a 350mq-large gym to do physiotherapy furnished with the latest technologies, a fully-equipped lab, a swimming pool fitted for rehabilitation, an MRI of new generation, a ward for X-rays and ultrasounds, a highly-performing ward for cardiology managed by the best trained European practitioners. The Institute provides several other services also in partnership with the main financing funds and insurances available on the market.
The knowledge and expertise distinguishing the services of the Institute can be of benefit for the whole community, not just for an élite of athletes.
The Institute also offers house calls for blood sampling and physiotherapeutic treatments.
Below is reported the list of services provided under agreement with LUISS Guido Carli:
- Visit for preventive medicine for students at expenses of LUISS Guido Carli, which includes: general clinical visit, urine sample, ECG at rest, blood sample (CBC – complete blood count, azotaemia, glycaemia – blood glucose, urine sample, Ves – sed rate, total cholesterol, HDL-cholesterol, LDL-cholesterol, triglyceride, uric acid levels, iron levels, sodium, potassium, total protein, GOT, GTP, creatinine, bilirubin, Gamma GT, TSH), Pap test, PSA.
- Visit for the medical certificate of fitness for competitive sports Under35
- Visit for medical certificate of fitness for non-competitive activities
- Orthopaedic/Physiatrical visit
- Visit with a nutritionist
- Specialist examination with a cardiologist
- Eye examination
- Dietetic evaluation complete with clinical visit – Bod Pod – diet
- Neuropsychological evaluation and program for prevention of perceived stress level
- 30% discount on all the services offered by the Institute
- 20% discount on all the home visits
To know all the discounts reserved to LUISS’ students, it is possible to send an email to email@example.com
Below are listed all the remaining services provided by Istituto di Medicina e Scienza dello Sport:
- Swimming pool fitted for rehabilitation and gym for physiotherapy equipped with new generation instruments
- Laboratory for analysis and ambulatory
- MRI of latest technology
- EKG and Holter monitoring
- Shock waves
- Pulmonary visit with spirometry
- Endocrinology examination
- Monitored cardiologic rehabilitation
- Cardiopulmonary test with oxygen consumption
- Otorhinolaryngology examination
- Allergology and prick test
- Neurologic examination, EEG
- Dermatologic visit, mapping of moles
- Urology examination
- Gynaecologic examination
- X-Ray, ultrasounds, Doppler ultrasonography
All the vists can be booked at the Institute in the following hours:
· monday to friday 8 AM/8 PM;
· saturday 09 AM/1 PM.
For booking and information please contact the Office at:
- phone: 06/3272 9300 – 9260;
- e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org